Victoria Walk now Green Man Lane
Green Man Lane was previously known as Victoria Walk. There was a row of terraced cottages here (Nos 1,3,5,7, 9 & 11 Victoria Cottages) which were built perpendicular to the High Street. They were on the left hand side of what is now Green Man Lane when viewed from the High Street. Pedestrian access into the rear yards was via Victoria Walk on the left, with gardens fronting onto Green Man Lane. Victoria Walk continued on past the cottages to their allotments.
It is not known exactly when these cottages were built but the 1913 sale notice has them all for sale as one lot.