37 Church Street
This is the larger section of the property, furthest from the road; it was originally two residences. The smaller section nearest the road was No 39 previously. In 1841 three different households (all Newlings) occupied the row of houses.
Nos 37 & 39 are now all one dwelling, known as No 37, Dove Cottage. It was originally built of clay bats, with the brick front built in 1849.
The Newling family occupied these dwellings from before 1800 until 1960s. They were early agricultural contractors and used the sheds at the back to store their stem driven threshing equipment or carts. Gardens and land at the back has had two new eco-houses built on it recently (2015?).