Harston church in the 19th century was dominated by three vicars – William Leworthy, Frederic Jeanes Durbin and Edward Curtis Baldwin. They were all in post over 30 years and are all buried at Harston. There are separate posts on each of these vicars.
The others who served are:
William Browne James 1837 – 44
William Browne James was born in 1799 at Stanford-le-Hope, Essex, the son of the Rev David Browne James. He was educated at the Clergy Orphan [school Chelsea], Middlesex .
He entered Trinity college on 10 October 1820 and moved to Jesus college on 29 June 1822 where he gained his BA in 1825 and MA in1828. He became vicar of Harston on 14 December 1837 until 14 May 1844 when he moved to Fen Ditton where he served until his death in August 1877
Edwin/Edward Bosanquet 1844 – 48
Edwin Bosanquet was born on 10 December 1799 in Marylebone, London, the son of William & Charlotte. He attended Corpus Christi college, Oxford, where he gained his BA in 1823 and MA in 1826. Prior to becoming vicar of Harston on 14 May 1844, he was curate at Denham, Norfolk. He never lived in the vicarage due to its dilapidated state but had lodgings in the village. Part of the time at least in The Sign of the Gate, the inn which is now Hill view Cottage, 72 Church Street. He moved to Forscote, Bath in 1848 and died in 1872.