The site of this building has had a number of uses – barn, workshop, offices and residence. A planning proposal states that on conversion from barn to workshop a concrete floor of 80+ years was dug up. This conversion occurred in 1955 so the barn must date from around 1870 or earlier. The tile workshop was started by Tony Gatward and ……
In 2007 the workshop was converted into offices and, after standing empty for most of 2009-10, planning permission was granted to covert it to a two-bedroom residence in 2011, A one-room rear extension was added in 2013 and a garage in 2014.
A long way behind the property are old piggeries, not used for ?? years, part of which was converted into an office for Nutcombes the plumbers who now operate from the Button End Industrial Estate. Further old buildings across the plot at the back used to store grain – feed for the pigs. Barley was grown in a field to the rear right but this is now a grass field for their Caravan Club site.