1 High Street

“The Cottage”  A black and white Tudor house set back from the road, thought to have been converted from two thatched cottages by Mr Clem Jude.

There were some old buildings on the plot which were demolished in 1990. (Enlarge photo to see it all)

There is a building on the left of the plot close to the road; this building was found to contain a blacksmith’s forge in 1940; since then it has been part of a used car dealership, although at some time it was a shop selling antique clocks.

The Cottage owns the land between the house and the Three Horseshoes, together with the land which runs from this behind the house and on to the field which fronts on to Church St the other side of Harston House (No 38 Royston Rd).

The land between The Cottage and the Three Horseshoes was a rose nursery in 1967.

This page was added on 17/11/2015.

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone