No 7 Royston Road, formerly Ditton Cottage
The cottage was built in the mid-19th century on land that had previously been part of the village green, before Inclosure. It had a grocers store there from about 1904 and butchers (with local pork & imported beef & mutton) all run by the Pask family, The 1920s photo shows William Pask and daughter with workers Frank Lawrance & Frank Wisbey. The Pask butchers then moved to the High Street until Pask retired in 1933.
The property was owned by the Lawrance family of blacksmiths between 1960-90s. During this time it was converted into two flats and given the name ‘Ditton Cottage’ as Thames Ditton had some connection with the family. The garden gates and railing, now sadly gone, were produced by Harry Lawrance.
In 2007 the cottage was extended to the right and a year later had to be repaired after a speeding car took out part of the extension