Purchase of Burial Plots
Once the burial ground has been established and fees agreed, villagers were able to purchase burial plots of their choice, either for impending burials or to reserve them for the future.
The earliest purchases recorded were on 1st October 1931 by the Ashbys of The Queens Head and the Smiths of Harston Mill who purchased two plots each, the first of which was used in 1939 and the last in 1978
The first burial in the burial register was that of John Robert Tuck on 29 January 1930 although there is no record of a plot purchase,
Above are the records of the earliest purchases